Monday, October 8, 2012

The First Day on the Job

     I have a quiz coming up Friday on nutrition. I should be incredibly interested in this because I am happy to be counted among the many Foodies on this planet. Nutrition as a subject in school is unique in the way that the instructors and authors of the textbooks have taken the wonderful act of choosing food, preparing food, and consuming food and bastardized it into something almost too awful to comprehend. But it brings up a great topic: How can I get the most flavor from the most nutritious foods?
     My husband and I have been in the process of a lifestyle change. We woke up one day and decided that we were not as healthy as we could be (translated: I saw a picture of myself on vacation and thought I looked too fat and proceeded to panic).
     So, we started changing the way we ate. We started eating mostly vegetarian meals, smaller portions, I started counting calories, he started exercising, and we both started moving our bodies a lot more than before. He has lost 20 lbs and I have lost 11 lbs in our 2 months of work. I am, of course, jealous of his enormous success but I am not interested in doing 100 push ups 3 times a week (http://hundredpushups.com/).
     Back to the topic of food, our weekly menu contains mostly vegetables and I am concerned about the repetition of meals that we have stumbled into. In these early days of my blog I will be sharing the trials of new meals as my husband (the guinea pig) rates them. I will share lots and lots of other blogs that I find entertaining and worth reading and enjoying in general. I also hope to share random projects and achievements from my sewing machine and from school.
     I have mentioned (briefly) what I plan to share in my blog but just to outline some boundaries I would also like to tell you what you will not see in this blog. I will not make religious comments. I will not make political comments. I will not blog about sports of any kind. I will try to keep all news topics related to food or they should be medically scientific in nature. I appreciate your comments but I would like for us to all stay focused on the common interests outlined here and not bring unrewarding topics to this forum. The only pot I am interested in stirring is the one on the stove. Thanks!
     If you have any suggestions, dear reader, please feel free to send me recipes or links of recipes to try out. I hope you enjoy my experimental project of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment